Monday, June 17, 2013

Royal Blue & Black, Too

This morning I woke up and realized I had been wearing essentially the same thing for the past three days, just in different colors. So, I felt the need to actually put something on that hasn't circulated my wardrobe about a dozen times. As you'll notice, I'm wearing the same watch as I did in my previous post, Powder Blue & Polka Dots, but that's because I feel like a classic black strapped watch goes well with anything. What you might notice is different though is my striped vest which used to be a long-sleeve shirt. It's probably one of the best (and only) things that I have crafted well. It was simple to make and didn't take more than 10 - 15 minutes. Anyway, I love the vest as a statement piece, similar to polka dots or floral prints, and I always pair the striped top with a solid colored undershirt. It's the easiest way to keep attention drawn toward the vest and nowhere else. As for the jeans, you can never go wrong with black denim. Oh! And don't forget the shoes. I can't express enough importance about shoes (and no, it's not just because I have a shoe fetish). The pair of shoes are what make or break your outfit when someone scans you from head to toe, the last thing they see is your shoes. Today I went with my scarcely worn pair of patent leather Chelsea boots. They're amazing! When I put them on, I automatically feel like a different person. But buyer beware, if worn the wrong way, you definitely can make yourself look like the Wicked Witch. Enough about me, I want to know what you think! What would you keep / change about this outfit? :)




Royal Blue +American Apparel Basic Tee (Here), Black RSQ Skinny Jeans (Similar), +ASOS Patent Leather Chelsea Boots (Similar

No comments:

Post a Comment