Monday, July 29, 2013

A Nautical Adventure

While still in Puerto Rico my family decided to go out into the older parts of the island and explore some of the more reputable historic and cultural areas of Old San Juan. It was an overall amazing time and it was great to explore and actually see a different side of the world that I would have otherwise never known about. Another great thing about the district is how ornate it is. Everything from the color of the buildings to the cobblestone roads was so beautiful. 

Since the trip was going to take such a large amount of walking and meant a lot of exposure to the humidity, I had to make sure that I was comfortable and in breathable fabrics. My bottoms are (again) chino shorts that I made from a pair of pants I found in my closet. The navy in the shorts are very complimenting to the light blue cotton my button-down is made of. The shirt has a contrasting navy & stripe detailing along the collar and the cuff, making for a perfect match with the shorts. As for the shoes, they proved to work well for the occasion. The navy and white detail in my canvas boat shoes (by ASOS) for a very nautical look, appropriate for the beachside environment throughout the entire island. Long story short, I'm embracing the nautical feel of this entire trip.

 
Shirt by H&M, Chino shorts by Kohl's, Canvas shoes by ASOS

No comments:

Post a Comment